The funds raised by the PTFA allow the Committee to support the school in many ways, for example, in recent years, the funds have purchased seven concrete outdoor table tennis tables, picnic benches, theatre staging and lighting.
PTFA Donations to TBSHS in January 2023
All departmental requests were approved meaning the PTFA donated £5417.37. The funds will provide:
- a series of workshops with an expert on World Wars I and II for years 8 and 9 to History (this is a repeat of the donation provided last year)
- sheet music for concerts to Music
- Leventhorpe Book Awards books for year 7 pupils to English
- an Original Workbee Z1 CNC Machine to Design and Technology
- two digital cameras to allow the introduction of digital photography into the A Level course to Art
- Colorimeters and funds for the restarting Eco Group to Science.
PTFA Donations to TBSHS in January 2022
After reviewing requests from departments, over £8000 was donated by the PTFA. The funds provided:
- a 3D printer to Design and Technology
- an electrophoresis tank and several sets of weather sensors for the new GCE Environment Science course to Science
- books for year 9 students to study Seminal World Literature to English
- the renewal of a language subscription, which was successfully introduced during lockdown, to support years 9 to 11 learning at home, and MP3 players for A level lessons to Modern Foreign Languages
- a series of workshops with an expert on World Wars I and II for years 8 and 9 to History
- A Macbook Air to support the software for successfully running live performances and events in school to Computer Science
- New trophies, house mascots and house flags to the House System.
In 2020/21 approximately £16,871 was donated across the different departments and also to the Library and Learning Support. The high level overview of these donations is as follows:
- £1488.77 to Art
- £600 to Business Studies
- £973.25 to Design and Technology
- £642 to English
- £1000 to Geography
- £316.88 to History
- £851.38 to Mathematics
- £1495.42 to Modern Foreign Languages
- £1066.50 to Music
- £3827.62 to Science
- £2500 for Exams
- £508 to Learning Support
- £1601.45 to the Library
In preparation for the move to the new school, the Committee has allocated funds which they wish to put towards creating an outdoor space with the relocated table tennis tables installed and an area where students can sit and relax during break times.
Furthermore, the PTFA committed to raising funds to put towards the ICT fund and the minibus fund. Both of these funds require on-going financial help to keep up to date with the latest technology and to enable students to be transported on important educational trips as well as sporting fixtures.
For the minibus fund, after discussions with the school £10,000 has been committed to the fund and the extra funds previously allocated to it have been moved to the new school allocation. Furthermore, 40% of profits are being put aside for furniture at the new school.